July 1, 2009

SHE WORKS HARD FOR NO MONEY

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."
-Henry David Thoreau

Geez louise!
I've been SUPER busy!
I've only been interning for a week && yet I'm learning new things day by day.
With rooms full of endless amounts of the chicest clothes, shoes, && accessories, as an intern, I get to dive into it all...organizing that is. lol
Yesterday was thus far my most exciting experience.
Upon arrival at the style house, the preparations began for the celeb shopping event that the company was hosting.
The guest list had me drooling just thinking about the likes of
Shia Lebouf, Leona Lewis, & Kourtney Kardashian walking through the door.
From preparing food && drinks to running errands & checking in people on the guest list, I did it all. I loved the excitement && the atmosphere of being surrounded by so many fabulous people from the wide spectrum of fashion.
My shift was from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
I wish I could've stuck around to see what famed folks were coming to the event, but they were scheduled to arrive much later for the cocktail party and they let us know that us interns were free to go.
I did manage to see Jerell Scott from Project Runway, speaking briefly in the elevator && while I chopped up watermelon. lol.


Since we {the interns} were required to sport the "back to black" look,
I managed to throw this fit together at the last minute
since I don't own THAT many savvy, black pieces.
Black sequined vest:: H&M
Truly Madly Deeply "Dawn of a New Era" tank:: Urban Outfitters
Pearl, gold trimmed earrings:: Forever 21
Cream heart necklace:: Forever 21
Lavender ring:: Francesca's Collections
Black reptile leggings:: American Apparel
Black Ecoté strappy sandals:: Urban Outfitters


Overall, the party was quite a success, and I'm more than thrilled to see what my next assignment shall be. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...