December 27, 2010

AN EARLY GOODBYE


Gone, at 54 years old.
Fifty. Four.
That's so young...

Teena Marie is a legend.
And it seems like as the years progress, the artistic outlets that once breeded the revolutionaries, non-conformists, critical thinkers and articulate speakers are being cashed in for sex, lies, and idiot-tapes.
This is precisely why I don't listen to the radio anymore...
and I barely watch t.v., all because of the fact that there's a great lack in integrity that 
artists like Teena Marie achieved.
Old school tunes are all that I listen to nowadays.
It was in those eras before my time that music was a form of 
emotional release, profound intellect, and movement making.
Yet everyone is stuck on people like Miley Cyrus and Souja Boy. 
O_O 
Sad if you ask me.
Though I am quite young, classic artists like Teena Marie will always have a place in my heart.
And though she is gone, she will be truly missed.
I hope that people really take a look into her music as well as the countless careers of other legends that have seemed to disappear with the time, so that they know of the greatness that existed 
despite what we have today.

Here's a few of my all-time faves from Teena Marie! :)
Rest In Peace.
















1 comment:

  1. Our deepest condolences to the family of Teena Marie. You'll surely be missed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...