June 23, 2010

OLD NEW BORROWED BLUE


Photobucket

Photobucket

So on Saturday, I decided to go for a different look by trying out the
trendy turban/headwrap biz.
I think I pulled it off pretty well, even though one of the assistant managers at my job
managed to point out that I "look like Aunt Jemima."
I didn't really know what to make of that comment,
so I just looked at her with my "You can't be serious" face. lol
And sure enough, she was.
I told her I wasn't trying to go for the whole slave repertoire, but she made
sure to let me know that I looked like I belonged on a plantation.
*s i g h* I guess that just goes to show that not everyone is
fashion savvy and/or without ignorance lol




Photobucket

Multi-color ethnic print scarf {worn as turban/headwrap}:: Forever 21
Brass-colored hoops & olive beaded necklace:: My grandma :)
Multi-color bead necklace:: Forever 21
Ella Moss white maxi dress:: A gift from my previous internship.
Chartreuse scarf:: Forever 21
Denim moto vest:: Forever 21
Brown woven belt:: Forever 21
Brown sandals:: Forever 21

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...