September 15, 2009

LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION

Sheesh!
I feel like it's been FOREVER since I've last posted.
My laptop has been acting up lately,
so I haven't really been able to fill you all in on what's been going on!

A friend of mine recently contacted me about an opportunity to
put some pieces from my line in an upcoming short film.
After a few e-mails and meetings,
I was offered to contribute my pizazz to the movie!!!!

The short film is directed by Brandon Hammond, who back in the day played Big Mama's favorite grandson in the film, Soul Food, alongside Nia Long, Mekhi Phifer, Vivica A. Fox, and Vanessa Williams. The producer of the film {who will be acting in it as well} is the very funny & talented Jermaine Williams, who has played in numerous films such as
The Great Debaters, Stomp the Yard, && Fat Albert.

We all met last nite at the Cantina Lounge in Fullerton
{FYI the "kick it" spot for CSUF college kids}.
We talked about my goals for my line, how I got started with sewing&&designing,
and of course, we discussed all of the nooks && crannies of the film.
I can't speak too much about the plot because I highly doubt that I'm allowed to
dish ALL of the details lol,
but the gist of it revolves around issues that teens go through
during their high school experience.
Just reading the first scene from the script had me perk up in my seat! lol

I believe that filming begins this weekend, && I'm more than excited to be behind the scenes and see the final product of everything once it's all put together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...