February 25, 2011

NYFW FALL 2011: INTO THE WILD

NYFW takes a trip to the exotic.
Animal prints, tribal fabrics and colorful blends are my absolute favorite parts of what's in store for Fall 2011. 
Though I've always wanted to take a trip to embark upon an African safari,
I don't mind settling for these eclectic runway looks in the meantime. 


Proenza Schouler is hands down my favorite collection of the Fall 2011 season.
It says: Denise Huxtable goes on an African excursion.
Although I tried not to showcase every single look from the collection, I couldn't help the fact that every look was amazing! lol
Designers Jack McCollough & Lazaro Hernandez prove themselves to be rising legends in the industry,
consistently creating fashion that is fresh, funky, and flawless!

Though a bit on the dark and dangerous end of things, Felder Felder's collection brings a different meaning to the word wild.
Jewel tones, abstract-printed leather, and colored fur on just about everything makes for an interesting touch.
For some reason, chic yet edgy witch doctor kept coming to mind... 

I LOVE THIS COLLECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I literally let out a scream of joy when coming across each look!
Who cares about rain, snow, and sleet in the winter when you can look this stunning?!
Sass & Bide did one hell of a job, and I'm not only referring to the crazy tie-die--which by the way 
puts those elementary DIY t-shirt projects of mine to shambles.
Though it seemed a bit Boxing Kitten-ish,
I'm a huge fan of every single piece.
From the spiked necklaces to the coned hats, from the tiered scallops to the funky aboriginal prints..
I adore it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...