April 7, 2010

SHOWTIME


On Monday night, I was one of the many black designers who's designs were featured in UC Riverside's very own Black Homecoming Fashion Show!
One of the organizations on campus {African Student Programs} came up with the idea of having a Black Homecoming for UCR's African-American students in an effort to raise money for various events that they have planned for the rest of the school year.
Even though I've been sewing constantly,
I'm glad that I got to showcase my work at the fashion show.

Because of the hectic craziness backstage with models changing
and the fact that I temporarily lost my Blackberry,
I was unable to snap pics of the models who were rockin' my designs :(
BUT WAIT!
Don't be too disappointed lol
I'm going to be part of a HUGE fashion/music/art event at my school called LUX
that is set to happen this Friday!
Personally, I'm more amped for this show lol
So I will definitely take pics for you all of the intense backstage action :)
In the meantime,
I'll give you all a peek at what I wore to the show on Monday night!
FYI: Peep the neckpiece! MADE BY YOURS TRULY! ;)


Black fabric earring:: Forever 21
Black bodycon dress with lace detail:: H&M
Purple geometric neckpiece:: Made by ME! :)
Teal tank:: Forever 21
Acid wash vest:: Forever 21
Teal bangle:: Forever 21
Ingigo suede pumps:: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...