February 25, 2011

NYFW FALL 2011: DARK & DAPPER

Crazy. Sexy. Cool.
No, I'm not talking about TLC. lol
Playing around with the ideas of androgyny and sultriness, 
New York Fashion Week took a walk on the dark side.

Ralph Lauren goes classic chic.
This collection screams old hollywood splash of androgyny in the tuxedo-esque suits, ties, and collared shirts; yet the use of shiny fabrics add just the right touch of femininity.
This fall, the chicks will be the ones wearing the pants.


Dear God,
If for some insanely bizarre reason I should be caught in a blizzard anytime soon,
PLEASE let me be in Alexander Wang to keep me cozy & chic!
I can't get enough of his parkas-turned-blazers-turned-bombers, with the perfect touch of fur.
And with the right hint of neon, I can be easily spotted by a search & rescue team if I should get lost in the middle of nowhere. ;)
Thanks!
Amen.


Betsey Johnson never ceases to surprise me.
Her lux punk collection amps up "Mary Mary, quite contrary" with rock 'n roll.
 Bright floral prints, lace appliques, tiered ruffles and tons of sheer animal print...
how edgy can you get?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...